Disaster or an unexpected event can strike anywhere at any time. A major disaster can prove catastrophic for any business. It is our preparedness for times of disaster that ensures continuity of our business operations. We pride ourselves on our full disaster recovery programme that covers contingency procedures in the event of a disaster.
This programme documents our procedures for disaster recovery, as well as our process level plans for recovering critical operating platforms and communications infrastructure. In the event of an actual emergency situation, modifications to this document may be made to ensure physical safety of our employees, our systems, and our data.
Our mission is to ensure that our Disaster Recovery Programme (DRP) ensures our business continuity.
- The company has a comprehensive operating disaster recovery plan.
- A formal risk assessment has been undertaken to determine the requirements for the disaster recovery plan.
- The disaster recovery plan covers all essential and critical infrastructure elements, systems and networks, in accordance with our key business activities.
- The disaster recovery plan is periodically tested in a simulated environment to ensure that it can be implemented in emergency situations and that the management and staff understand how it is to be executed.
- All staff are aware of the disaster recovery plan and their own respective roles.
- The disaster recovery plan is kept up to date to take into account changing business activities and technology.
The principal objective of the DRP is to develop, test and document a well-structured and easily understood plan which will help the company recover as quickly and effectively as possible from an unforeseen disaster or emergency which interrupts its business operations. Additional objectives include the following:
- The need to ensure that all employees fully understand their duties in implementing such a plan
- The need to ensure that operational policies are adhered to within all planned activities
- The need to ensure that proposed contingency arrangements are cost-effective
- Disaster recovery capabilities as applicable to our customers, sub-contractors, suppliers nd other stakeholders
For a copy of our DRP please call 01323 419701 or email email@example.com